Getting Started with your Chalk Markers
Spending a few moments priming and preparing your new chalk markers will make a big difference in how they perform for you. So here are some quick tips to help you out.
- Ensure that your nib (marker tip) is firmly inserted in the ink barrel.
- Confirm that the cap is tightly secured (give it a good snap to be sure, sometimes it can come loose in shipping). And they don't come out of clothes very well. Been there done that. Trust us!
- Shake it really well for 20-30 seconds. This mixes up the ink pigment so it's nice and silky.
- Grab a piece of scrap paper and fully depress the nib (tip) on the paper until it's saturated with ink (again, 20-30 seconds should do). The nib is a specialty sponge so it just needs to absorb the ink.
- Repeat with each of your other markers and you're good to go!
And remember, these are designed for use on non-porous (smooth) surfaces. They work great on many chalkboards, but they are not old-fashioned chalk. Please contact us with any specific questions and we'll be happy to help!